October 24, 2008

Scholarly Communication

Despite odds I managed to make it to Michael Geist's presentation. I must admit I was a bit surprised by the turn out. It was nice watching many people diligently taking notes. The presentation was a updated and expanded version of Concordia presentation. If you have not seen it yet I recommend it.

Fair Copyright for Canada- Edmonton Chapter was there in numbers. It was nice seeing familiar as well as new faces. One day I will be awesome at matching names to faces just due to all the practice I have been getting recently...one day.

With a bit of added motivation and a revised game plan it looks like more MPs shall be met. Lets see how the 40th Parliament members do.

Edit: Additional link to a more detailed write up on the presentation.

No comments: